- Chapter 1 Summary and Discussion Questions
- Chapter 2 Summary and Discussion Questions
- Chapter 3 Summary and Discussion Questions
- Chapter 4 Summary and Discussion Questions
- Chapter 5 Summary and Discussion Questions
- Chapter 6 Summary and Discussion Questions
- Chapter 7 Summary and Discussion Questions
- Chapter 8 Summary and Discussion Questions
- Chapter 9 Summary and Discussion Questions
- Chapter 10 Summary and Discusion Questions
Every summer at Mercy Hill, we read together through a book that will help us to live in step with the mission of Jesus. This summer we'll work through Jeremy Treat's excellent work, Seek First: How the Kingdom of God Changes Everything.
You'll find that Jeremy Treat has a gift for taking biblical concepts like the Kingdom of God and presenting it in a very accessible manner. For example, he writes,
"Jesus gave his followers many commands, but there was only one thing he said to seek first. 'Seek first the kingdom of God' (Matt. 6:33). This it the one thing that changes everything. According to Jesus, what matters most in life is the kingdom of God."
"Many Christians today think of salvation as leaving earth for heaven, but the story of Scripture is quite the opposite. The message of the kingdom of God is not an escape from earth to heaven but God’s reign coming down from heaven to earth. The focus of God’s reign is his people, but the scope of God’s reign is all of creation."
"Jesus didn’t come to make the world a better place. He came to make the world new by grace. Like rays of sun that pierce through the dark clouds, the healings and miracles of Jesus are God’s reign breaking in on earth as it is in heaven."
"Christian growth is not a matter of changing into something you are not but is about becoming who you truly are 'in Christ.'"
Whether you are a seasoned follower of Jesus and need to brush up on this topic, or if you are a new Christian who is still tyring to learn the basics, of if you are not yet a follower of Jesus, but want to learn what he cared about the most, there is perhaps no better place to start than working through this book together with us.
Here's a sneak peek at the book's contents:
We'll start our online discussion of this book beginning the first week of June, so pick up your copy today!
- Digital Kindle ($9.99) | B&N Nook ($)
- Book: Amazon ($7.21) | Barnes & Noble ($16.99) | Christian Book ($12.99)
- Audio: Audible ($16.76)| Audio CD ($15.24)
Also, check out this article, "The Kingdom of God in 8 Words."