Join our Team at Mercy Hill Church!
We are currently seeking to creatively fill a position open for...
- worship leader
Worship Leader Position
Mercy Hill Church is seeking a worship leader for its young church plant in Bryan / College Station, Texas (Est. April 1, 2018). The person who fills this position would be the lead musician and singer for worship using a variety hymns and contemporary worship songs. The position of the music worship leader is a position of leadership which seeks to create an environment of God-honoring, Christ-exalting, Spirit-filled worship through music.
This position is ideal for a growing Christian with experience as well as someone who would like to grow in experience in leading congregational worship. The candidate would be interested in serving within the context of Mercy Hill’s Statement of Faith.
- Ability level: competent with a willingness to grow and learn in leading congregational worship
- Ability to lead in singing and playing an instrument (guitar or keyboard) with some experience in leading (e.g., small group, college group, or congregational setting).
- Ability to learn new songs / arrangements quickly
- Ability to solo-lead worship songs
- Ability to be flexible as well as creative
- Willingness to to work well with others, as well as under the leadership of others including our pastor
- The worship leader coordinates with the pastor for the weekly worship music, including the selection of music, the confirmation of correct lyrics, and the proofing of worship slides.
- The worship leader coordinates with the other musicians / singers to make sure they have the appropriate tools they need to serve well (including lyrics, chords , music sheets)
- The worship leader initiates and coordinates weekly practices
- Sunday mornings from 9am-11:30am
- Up to an additional one additional hour of practice with music team per week
- Coordinating with pastor on the weekly song selections for worship (usually 5 songs per week)
- Max of 5 hours per week
- The position pays $150 per week.
Re: Mercy Hill Church
- Our mission is to see lives transformed by the Good News of Jesus Christ.
- We seek to craft a worship service that is biblical, historically informed, reverent, joyful, and exuberant as we sing psalms hymns, and spiritual songs.
- We are a non-denominational church under the grace-filled leadership of elders. We are committed to the gospel of Jesus which forms a community of Jesus that exists for the mission of Jesus.
- Visit MercyHillBCS.org
- For our Statement of Faith, click here.
- Contact Pastor John Ferguson via john@mercyhillBCS.org
- Please be prepared to provide a resume plus a sample of singing / playing an instrument after initial inquiry